2015 was the year that heralded the song that smashed You tube nation. 1 billion views in less than 90 days and a song writing period which spanned 6months. It’s best to leave the stats for the Internet to coo over. However,this piece isn’t centred on the phenomenal achievements of Adele. It’s yet another attempt to encourage the hardworking and bright entrepreneurial talent doing great things. In making headway in his/her craft, seizing the moment isn’t an option. Dear Entrepreneur, in 2016 say hello to:
- TECH: Tech didn’t arrive overnight and it really isn’t going away anytime soon. It’s benefits are numerous and plugging into the opportunities it provides would be a plus to any business. Customers are increasingly aware of their needs and wouldn’t mind paying to get what they want. What ways can your business leverage tech?
- REALITY: Reality means different things to different people. One’s interpretation of reality affects her business conduct. Anticipate questions like- if 1,000 people could do your particular job, what makes you so special? Such questions should not get your morale gasping for air rather see it as an opportunity. Identity never gets found, it emerges. No matter what you face, refuse to be a slave to market realities.
- GROWTH: I assume you plan to grow ? Then don’t let your growth take you by surprise . If you’re not growing ,you’re contracting (no middle grounds). Henry Ford once said “I will build a car so low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one” . Do you think that he’d be surprised at the sight of the number of cars that ply our roads today? I doubt
- DISCIPLINE: Success can be fragile and perfection fleeting. Never take success for granted . Stay grounded and keep riding big waves.
- LOCAL: Everyone wants to go global but only a few are willing to start local. Articulate what you have going for you now before making future plans. Small has never been a criminal offence. This isn’t an excuse for mediocrity . My 2 kobo? Never loose track of who you aspire to be in an effort to improve who you are today. Ladies and gentlemen, 2016 is upon us. Say hello will you?!